About the Gym
We believe in the power of climbing – we have experienced the potential it has to bring people together, regardless of background, ethnicity, religion, age, or gender. Our facility was designed with the intention of creating an inclusive space for climbers of all abilities. Whether you are completely new to the sport or have years of experience, our facility has something for you; from low-angle slabs to steep walls, a fitness area, mezzanine, lounge, and overall positive vibrations! Our route setting crew has years of collective experience and is nuanced in creating thoughtful and engaging problems for climbers of all skill levels to enjoy.
We worked with Onsite Climbing, a wall designer and fabricator out of Montreal, to design and build our wall. After working through a seemingly infinite amount of layout and geometry options we created what we thought was the best use of our space, for now and future considerations!
Our climbing walls are large, planar surfaces that offer our setters maximum creativity to create problems that will excite and challenge you. We have a section of wall that is 10 degrees overhanging. Then a slab that is 3 degrees off-vertical; a 5 degree overhanging section; a 45 degree section; and finally a 25 degree wall. This creates about 1200 square feet of climbing surface.
PLUS we’re incredibly excited to offer the first 12′ x 12′ adjustable Grasshopper board in Canada. This board is a game-changer! Connected to a huge, online data base of problems, and a mirrored layout with holds that light up, it is sure to provide a near-infinite amount of fun for beginners and veterans alike.
We also have about 300 square feet of training area which will include free weights, a rowing machine, a stationary bike, a fitness rack, hangboards, and a campus board. A mezzanine area will be outfitted for stretching, studying, or just hanging out away from all the action.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every person, regardless of age, must have a waiver completed and verified before using the facility. This can be done in person or online ahead of time to speed up the check-in process.
Anyone under the age of 19 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver on their behalf.
Government issued photo ID is required to verify your legal name and date of birth entered on the waiver upon first visit.
What is bouldering?
Bouldering is a very accessible form of the sport of rock climbing, in that all you need is climbing shoes, some chalk and yourself! There are no ropes or harnesses used for bouldering, but instead there are thick pads below all climbing areas to cushion the landing. Bouldering walls are typically not as high as sport climbing walls; the climbing walls in our facility are 15 ft tall with approximately 2 ft of padding below. Bouldering builds power, strength, balance, agility, coordination, flexibility and cognitive problem solving.
What do I need to bring?
Athletic clothing and an open mind is all you need! We have climbing shoes available to rent and chalk for purchase.
Do you rent climbing shoes?
Yes we do. We have a selection of shoes from small children’s shoes up to about euro size 46 (12 1/2)
Can I bring my kids?
Yes! We encourage families to come in and enjoy our climbing facility. Bouldering is a great activity to challenge your whole family both mentally and physically.
We also encourage you to climb together with your kids for a session, however we do ask that parents and children take turns on the wall, meaning if the parent is climbing on the wall then the child is waiting on the floor off of the pads, and if the child is climbing on the wall the parent is actively supervising and/or spotting and not climbing themselves.
All youth must have a parent or legal guardian sign the Liability Waiver for them prior to entry.
All youth under the age of 12 must have adult supervision at all times. We ask that there is at least 1 adult per every 2 children for supervision.
Children are not permitted to play in the bouldering area, and children under 10 are not permitted in the training area.
Can I bring my dog?
Unfortunately, no. We ask that you leave your pups at home for the safety and comfort of all climbers in the gym.
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us by calling 250-344-2669 or shooting us an email to email@example.com and we’d be happy to help you out!
- All climbers and observers must check in at the front desk before proceeding into the climbing area.
- All first time visitors must attend a short, free bouldering safety orientation session.
- Anyone entering the climbing area must have a current waiver on file. Anyone under the age of 19 must have the form signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- All users of Confluence Climbing are expected to respect other individuals and conduct themselves in good order. Persons deemed by Confluence Climbing staff to be behaving in an unsafe or disorderly fashion will be asked to leave the facility.
- No climbing instruction, personal training, coaching, or commercial use of the facility without prior consent from Confluence Climbing management.
- Children under the age of 13 must be supervised, one on one, by an adult at all times.
- No water bottles, chalk bags, or personal belongings on the pads.
- No food or drink on or over the pads.
- Be aware of your surroundings: do not sit, stand, or walk below another climber.
- No bare feet on the pads. Climbing shoes are required when climbing: no street shoes or bare feet. (Exceptions can be made for clean footwear that will not damage the surfaces. Please check with front desk).
- Do not wear climbing shoes in the washrooms.
- Shirts must be worn in the facility